If you know me personally, you know I can't keep my obsessions to myself. And if you've hung around this blog (or Hashtag Jetlag) at all, then you know a major theme of my writing is making recommendations to you, dear readers!
I want to share the things I love with the people I love, and the latest gem I love is Lee from America.
I have been HOOKED for weeks now, and have been binge-reading old blog posts of hers over lunch. Overall, the blog is a lifestyle blog, touching on everything from favorite bras (today's latest post) to Lee's relationship with alcohol. But what I'm absolutely LOVING is the information I am getting about food and the way it affects your hormones.
Like my friend, Lee has PCOS. In an effort to manage it, she completely changed her turbo-speed, highly caffeinated, partying New York lifestyle to a slower, holistic California pace. Through healthy eating, relentless stress management, and learning what works for her body, Lee healed her adrenal fatigue and a slew of other low-level health problems that plague many of us with the help of Alisa Vitti's WomanCode, which taught her how to balance her hormones (and which was also recommended to me multiple times by my good friend Jami -- hi Jami!).
Here are the things I love most about Lee from America and think you will love too:
- Her instastories. They are SO positive and upbeat, it's infectious. And her home and lifestyle look so cozy, but not in a fakestagram way. She discusses it when she isn't feeling well and how she's taking care of herself.
- The way she honors her body. She has really inspired me to listen to my body more diligently. As you know, listening to and even just figuring out what my body needs has been a REAL journey for me. As you also know, I love working out, and I love working out HARD. Lee was like that too, and reading about how she has incorporated more balance into her routine has made letting go of the extreme workouts a little less scary for me.
- THE RECIPES. As you can see, this post is decorated with smoothies I've made inspired by her recipes. If you're like me, you can sometimes get into a smoothie rut and make the same thing over and over. Adapting her recipes has helped me add new and nutritious, antiinflammatory, hormone-balancing foods into my diet.
- She's not a know-it-all. A lot of wellness bloggers present their choices and opinions as facts. Lee regularly points out that every body is different and you need to find out what works for you.
If this sounds like you would enjoy, again, I highly recommend her Instagram, especially if you're hooked on the 'gram like me. And here are some of my favorite posts of hers to start with:
- Cycle Syncing: After two surgeries and one stint with menopause to manage my endometriosis, I am looking for ways to manage it holistically so that it never becomes surgery-worthy again. This post is SO informative about what's happening throughout your entire cycle, not just during your period, and everything Lee recommends is very in-line with what my acupuncturist has been saying to me for years.
- All of these smoothie posts: BECAUSE SMOOTHIES!
- Adrenal Fatigue: My Story: After reading through this post, I am pretty certain I've gone through bouts of adrenal fatigue myself, and it's no surprise, given that I am a pretty high-strung, type A overachiever. I know stress is bad for my body; everyone knows that. But this post taught me more about what prolonged stress is physically doing to you and how to heal that.
- All About Adaptogens: Y'all, I am officially on the adaptogen bandwagon, doge help my wallet.
- Lee from America's Grocery List + Tips: If you're making a big lifestyle change in how you eat, something like this is SO SO SO friggin' helpful, and this post inspired me to get my ass out of bed on Sundays and get to the farmer's market under the JFX.
So thank you, Lee, for helping me through what has been a sometimes overwhelming lifestyle change. Watching Lee on Insta and throughout her blog has made me feel like I am taking my lemon body on an exciting adventure.
Who are your favorite wellness bloggers?